Sign In

Houchens Industries–L. T. Smith Stadium

Houchens Industries–L. T. Smith Stadium

Category:

Product Description

For over five decades the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers have played at LT Smith Stadium. The stadium was built in 1968 and had a seating capacity of 19,250 and named after LT Smith, the football coach at WKU from 1920-21 on October 26, 1968. Lights were added in 1987 and Astroturf was installed in 2002. In order to make the jump to Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision the Hilltoppers expanded their stadium. WKU embarked on a $37.5 million expansion and renovation project at LT Smith Stadium in 2007. Houchens Industries donated $5 million to the expansion project that led WKU to add Houchens Industries to the name of the stadium. The renovation and expansion project included increasing the seating capacity to 25,000 by adding 5,000 seats to the west side of the stadium. Also included in this project were new locker rooms, a new $1.5 million videoboard and updating the concourses. The renovations were completed by the 2008 season.

Capacity: 22,000

Tenant: Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (NCAA)

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Add Review

Add Review

Be the first to review “Houchens Industries–L. T. Smith Stadium”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *