Home of the Ohio Bobcats, Peden Stadium is the oldest stadium in the Mid-American Conference. The Bobcats stadium dates back to over eight decades ago. Construction began in 1927 and was known originally as Ohio University’s Athletic Plant. When it opened, the facility had a capacity of 12,000 with grandstands on both sides of the playing field. The Bobcats won their first game at the stadium against Miami University.
The stadium was renamed Peden Stadium after former athletic director and Coach Don C. Peden. The first addition to Peden Stadium came six decades after it opened. In 1986, the seating capacity was increased to 19,000. Four years later, a five story tower, the Peden Tower, was constructed to house athletic offices and facilities for the football team. In 2001 the playing field was lowered and the seating capacity was increased to 24,000. The following year Fieldturf replaced the grass playing surface and in 2003 a new video scoreboard was added. After the 2004 season, the stadium underwent an ambitious project that renovated the stadium’s athletic training facilities, added a large team auditorium, improved meeting rooms, created a large recruiting lounge, and expanded and improved office space for the coaches.
Tenant: Ohio Bobcats (NCAA)