Dedicated in 1925 as Brown University Field, the home of Brown football was built completely by subscription, raised by a committee headed by Clinton C. White, Class of 1900. New aluminum seats were installed in 1978 as part of Operation Pride in marking the 100th anniversary of Brown football.

Prior to building Brown Stadium, home games were played at Adelaide Park in Elmwood or on Lincoln Field, which occupied land then known as Lower Campus. At the turn of the century, a new field was opened off Hope Street, called Andrews Field, in honor of E. Benjamin Andrews, President of Brown from 1889-1898.

In 1988, the Stadium underwent a complete renovation, with work being done to restore and waterproof the concrete as well as paint the restrooms, press box and all the graphics throughout the stadium. In addition, an underground sprinkler system was installed for the stadium’s natural grass field. A new home team locker room was completed for the 1991 season along with a reception room.

Capacity: 20,000

Tenant: Brown Bears (NCAA)




Add Review

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Value for Money

Added By The Stadium

The Stadium

This Stadium has not yet been claimed by the owner or a representative.

Claim this Stadium to add information, edit details, receive messages from prospective customers, view statistics, and respond to reviews.