The stadium built in south-western corner of the Oregon State University campus was opened in its initial form in 1953. Upon inauguration it could hold some 28,000 people, growing by further 5,000 in 1965 and exceeding 40,000 for the first time (40,593) in 1967.
Its dated main grandstand was largely upgraded in 1987-1991. Roof over some areas, skyboxes and press section were added then. Also, spectator amenities were improved with a spiral ramp leading to the mezzanine beneath the bleachers.
Most significant works to date were delivered in 2005, when a brand new east stand was added. By far the largest part of the stadium, it too is partly covered and represents the direction in which all of the stadium is to change. In 2007 a smaller south end was added, reaching the current capacity. Eventually the stadium should grow to over 55,000 as amenities in the west are also changed.
When opened, the stadium was named Parker Stadium after local entrepreneur who contributed to OSU’s facilities. However in 1999 the naming changed, this time in honour of the Reser family, also important donors and alumni of the university.
Tenant: Oregon State Beavers (NCAA)