Kidd Brewer Stadium is known as one of the toughest stadiums for visiting team’s to play at as the Mountaineers have a winning percentage of over .750 here. Constructed in the early 1960s the Mountaineers played their first game here on September 15, 1962. It was originally known as Conrad Stadium after Appalachian State University trusty William Conrad and had a seating capacity of 10,000. Astroturf replaced the natural grass field in 1970 and the first extensive renovation occurred in 1995 when the seating capacity increased to 16,650. Conrad Stadium was renamed Kidd Brewer Stadium in 1988 after Kidd Brewer, ASU Coach between 1935 to 1938.
The most extensive changes at Kidd Brewer Stadium have occurred over the past decade. A 100,000 square foot stadium complex containing athletic facilities for all ASU sports was constructed on the west side of the stadium. The pressbox was removed, replaced with 18 luxury suites and 500 club seats. Before the start of the 2008 season 4,400 seats were added to the east side of Kidd Brewer Stadium.