Sign In

Located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, Kelly Shorts Stadium is home of the Central Michigan Chippewas. They have called Kelly Shorts Stadium their home for over 40 years and played the inaugural first game at the stadium on November 4, 1972 against Illinois State. It was originally known as Perry Shorts Stadium in honor of R. Perry Shorts, who was a 1900 grad of the school.

In 1983, the facility got its current name, Kelly Shorts Stadium, after the Chippewas decided to honor former coach, Kenneth Kelly. Fans taking in games at the stadium have seen several changes over the years including the installation of Astroturf one year after its opening.  Before the 1986 season, new scoreboards were added in both endzones. The latest addition came prior to the 1998 season when $28 million was spent upgrading the stadium. Nearly 10,000 seats were added and a new two tier pressbox housing nine luxury suites was constructed. The Astroturf was replaced with Fieldturf in 2004. After the 2005 season the stadium became the last facility in the MAC to add lights.

Capacity: 30,295

Tenant: Central Michigan Chippewas (NCAA)

Sport

Video

Location

Add Review

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Service
Value for Money
Location
Cleanliness

Added By The Stadium

The Stadium

This Stadium has not yet been claimed by the owner or a representative.

Claim this Stadium to add information, edit details, receive messages from prospective customers, view statistics, and respond to reviews.